On 4/4/2012 11:37 AM, Jim Taylor wrote:
flyguy wrote:
On 4/4/2012 9:27 AM, Jim Taylor wrote:
flyguy wrote:
Two or three days ago, SM 2.8 said my Java plugin was not compatible
(it was version 16 or so from last year), so I installed ver 31.
Things seem to work properly.

T His morning, when I started my system (XP Professional), I got this
message:

"Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
page. [install missing plugins]"

The plugin it wants to install is "Java Runtime Environment 1.6 u29",
however, Add/Remove programs show I have ver 31 installed. Clicking on
the [install missing plugins] seems to start the process (oddly, to
install ver 29!), but then fails with a message like "web page
missing, can not find".

I reinstalled ver 31, Java.com confirms Java is working, and things
seem OK now, but that is what I think happened yesterday.

All this fussing began a few minutes after Flash updated itself (with
my permission). Same thing occurred on my wife's computer (also XP,
but Home version), though no messages to update plugins (yet).

What web page are you trying to access that says you need the v29
plugin? Also check to make sure that the the v31 plugin is actually
install in SeaMonkey. I know you said that add remove programs shows
that Java version 6.31 is installed, but what does SeaMonkey show?
Tools/Add-ons Manager/Plugins - I have two Java plugins installed, Java
Deployment Toolkit 6.0.310.5 and Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U31 6.0.310.5
and I am having no problems. Without the URL that is giving the problem
nobody else can see if it gives them problems too.

SM did not show Java installed, even though add/remove programs did.

The URL is

http://rldtowercam.viewnetcam.com:50000/CgiStart?page=Single&Language=0

It's not offering to install a plugin now that I've reinstalled ver
31, and my add-on manager now shows the plugins you have, and
add/remove still shows ver 31 installed (the Java installer did say
java was already installed, but would remove and reinstall if I
clicked continue, which I did).

The real puzzle is the SM offer to install an older version, and then
having that attempt fail. Perhaps the situation could be duplicated by
disabling or removing Java from a test computer.

I don't know, it appears that something didn't go right with your
original java installation and the SeaMonkey plugins weren't installed.
Who knows what kind of confusion that could have caused. Hopefully
everything is working after reinstalling Java now that the plugins
showing in SeaMonkey. FWIW that page works fine for me.

Both computers have worked fine all day, so I suspect you are right.