On 4/4/12 9:31 PM, Dan B. wrote:

> All of the sudden today I'm getting the message "This plugin has been blocked
> for your protection" when I try to use the applet on the page at
> http://javaboutique.internet.com/lines/.  (It worked fine yesterday.)
>
> The message doesn't say anything about why the plugin was blocked.
>
> It also doesn't say anything about the user can do about it.  (E.g.,
> there's no pointer to whatever preference setting might be relevant.)
>
> In fact, that message doesn't even say _which_ plugin was blocked!
>
> The page has, or at least had, a Java applet, and other supposedly-Java-
> applet pages show the same symptom, so apparently the message is
> referring to about the Java plugin.
>

> So why would SeaMonkey be blocking the Java plugin?  And what can be
> done to fix that?

Windows XP SP3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120312 SeaMonkey/2.8
Java J2SE RTE 6 update 31 (file version 6.0.310.5)

I do not see this problem.  However, I did see something about an
emergency fix to Firefox that blocks older versions of Java because of a
security vulnerability.  See
<http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/924622>.  This might also
apply to SeaMonkey.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross