Not@home wrote:

> I'm posting here because I believe there is a lot of valuable knowledge
> here on software.  I use Windows, and I have been getting too many blue
> screens and messages that a program is shut down.  I went to a site
> advertised on TV and they offered a registry scan and repair.  I ran the
> scan and they listed 1800 errors, but I am reluctant to allow them to
> repair them without some evidence of their bona fides.

Would that TV place be something like "mycleanpc.com" ?  Known scam. It
will find lots of problems on a brand new PC. None of their ads ever tell
you that in order for it to actually *work*, you have to give them your
credit card and $40.00. It's the same thing as maxmyspeed.com and
finallyfast.com

Some of many:
<http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100706174624AABqTCD>
<http://michaelquale.com/911130/mycleanpc-com-review-it-is-a-scam-look-