On 12-04-13 12:47 PM, Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote:
Hi all,

I've had a pretty good userchrome.css for many years but lately there
have been new additions to the menus of Seamonkey I want to hide.
Borrowing stuff from the recent help I got with my Firefox
userchrome.css, I tried a few settings but there seems to be a order
or precedence problem I am having.

Below is my userchrome.css with a few new additions at the bottom:

#context-setWallpaper,
#context-setDesktopBackground,
#context-blockimage,
#context-bookmarkframe,
#context-bookmarklink,
#context-bookmarkpage,
#context-keywordfield,
#context-sendlink,
#context-sendimage,
#context-sendvideo,
#context-sendaudio,
#context-sendpage,
#defaultBrowserButton,
#component-bar,
#bookmarksToolbarFolderMenu,
#organizeBookmarksSeparator,
#addonsMgrGroup,
#bookmarks-menu,
#menu_sendLink,
menu[label="Bookmarks"] {display:none !important;},
menu[label="Go"] {display:none !important;},
menuitem[label="Work Offline"] {display:none !important;},
#goOfflineMenuitem {display:none !important;}

Now, I begin to have problems right at menu[label="Go"] {display:none
!important;}. Neither Go nor Work Offline are being hidden. However,
if I move "Go" or "Work Offline" above menu[label="Bookmarks"]
{display:none !important;}, one or the other will be hidden but then
Bookmarks re-appears on the File menu as if whatever comes before
menu[label="Bookmarks"] {display:none !important;} overrides it and
takes precedence.

Also, I realize I have two item on the last two lines to try and hide
the Work Offline menu but in practice neither of them is working by
itself. Also, I'd *love* to hide the Bookmarks button on the Personal
Toolbar.

So, what's the correct order in my userchrome.css file for these items
so that it'll hide all these things for me? Thanks kindly for any
help.

It's not a matter of order; you just have a couple of unnecessary commas, that are breaking the syntax.

Replace the lines:
menu[label="Bookmarks"] {display:none !important;},
menu[label="Go"] {display:none !important;},
menuitem[label="Work Offline"] {display:none !important;},
#goOfflineMenuitem {display:none !important;}

With:
menu[label="Bookmarks"],
menu[label="Go"],
menuitem[id="offlineGoOfflineCmd"] {display:none !important;}

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator