On 5/9/12 11:52 AM, Larry S. wrote:
> Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Larry S. graced us with on 5/9/2012
>> 11:12 AM:
>>> SM 2.9.1 on XP SP3.
>>>
>>> Center-clicking on a link opens a new tab, as it should. However, the
>>> new tab is "behind" the previous tab, and requires pointing and
>>> clicking on the tab to display it.
>>>
>>> In SM 2.8, before upgrading, the new tab opened "in front" and was
>>> immediately readable.
>>>
>>> I must have changed some preference, but can't figure out which one.
>>> Can anyone help? I'd be very appreciative!
>>
>> Try:
>>
>> 1. Open Preferences via "Edit>Preferences..."
>> 2. Navigate to "Browser>Tabbed Browsing" and enable "Switch to new tabs
>> when opened from links" checkbox
>>
> Good suggestion, but no joy -- it was already checked.
> Thanks for helping, though!

Windows XP SP3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120429 SeaMonkey/2.9.1

That works for me.

The preference variable in "about:config" is
browser.tabs.loadInBackground.  The value is "true" to have the new tab
behind the old one and "false" to have the new tab in front.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross