Ed Mullen wrote:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
/Bungert/:

The top 3 lines are Name, Location, and Keyword.

What exactly do these do? How is it useful to have a description or
keywords for a bookmark?

I use couple of bookmarks with keywords assigned like:

Location:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=%s
Keyword: acr

then I type "acr ROTFLMAO" (w/o the quotes) in the browser's location
field and I get the result for searching "ROTFLMAO" on the Acronym
Finder site, without first going their web search form.

Another one for opening a specific Usenet group on Google Groups:

Location: http://groups.google.com/group/%s
Keyword: gg

Type "gg mozilla.support.seamonkey" into the browser's location field.
For more info you might take a look at "Mozilla Custom Keywords"
<http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/keywords.html>.

My approach is to use bookmarklets that automatically use highlighted
text on a page as the passed parameter or, if none is highlighted,
present a dialogue box to enter the term.  The ones I use most often are
on my Personal Toolbar for one-click access.  And I don't have to
remember whether I used "acr" or "a" or "acn" for the acronym lookup
keyword.  Plus, after using this setup for a while my brain and mouse
hand know instinctively where to go for the most-used bms.

 we love you all the way... !

--
~Vink