Ed Mullen wrote, On 05/22/2012 10:17 AM:
Brooke Clarke wrote:
Hi:

Is there a way to send/receive text messages (SMS) to/from modern cell
phones using the SeaMonkey email program?

Yes.  You would send to a phone using the carrier's format and the
recipient's phone number something like:

1234567...@text.att.net

For people on different carriers you can easily use Google to discover
the proper format.

The repoly would be to the email address you used to send the text.

hmmm just tested this from my laptop to my att cell phone...

Your message was rejected by mx.cingularme.com for the following reason:

     Invalid recipient: <1234567...@cingularme.com>

The following recipients did not receive this message:

     <1234567...@text.att.net>