Jens Hatlak wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Jens, while you're on the subject of Java... is there any way a [Win7]
SM user to whom all of this is "greek", get Java to work on SM 2.8 or
any subsequent version?   :)

Java *is* working for *me*, and I'm on Win7 x64, SM 2.10b3 (which is 99.9%
equal to SM 2.10). Until a few moments ago
I had Java 6u31 installed (1.6.0_31), then I upgraded to Java 7u4 (1.7.0_04).
Before and after Java worked with both
SeaMonkey and Firefox. One of the test pages I used is
<http://javatester.org/version.html>.

One thing you should know is that in order to have it working for you, you need
to install the 32-bit version of the
JRE even if your Win7 is x64. This is because SM release versions for Windows
are (until now and for the foreseeable
future) 32-bit only. If you're unsure, install both the 32-bit and x64 versions
of the Java JRE; they can be installed
in parallel without any issues I know of. You can find both here:

<http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp>
HTH

Jens

Thanks so much,  Jens.   I'll give it another try this weekend and see if I can
choose the right plug ins this time.  :)

Thanks for all the other support stuff and notices you post here as well.

Barbara

P.S. - Thanks to you too, Paul, for the additional info on what's working for
you.