NoOp:
>On 06/08/2012 06:22 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
>> NoOp:

>>>I think the screen shots may be important as they show: 1) that the
>>>layout is 'Wide View' (no idea if this makes a difference,
>>
>> No difference here.
>
>So, prior to getting to that screen, you ensured that you were in :
>https://bug736811.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=631240
>first. Right?

Partly. To reduce complications i had created only one E-Mail account on
a new test profile. No other configuration.

http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm120611-a.png

You should have done the same on a new profile. If you still see the D&D
cursor or not, in each case we would be a step nearer to reproducibility.

>>  2) Both the email and newsgroup have multiple folders so when
>>>the inbox/newsgroup is selected (screenshot 631242) the 'Name' box is
>>>completely full (Qgiz to m.s.s.seamonkey ).
>>
>> Took some time for me to understand what you meant with 'Name' box. It
>> is not visible here because i do not like tabs in MailNews. *g*
>
>Look at the screenshots - left side: 'Name'. That (to me) is very
>obvious. Want a screenshot with a red circle aroung 'Name'? :-)

There is a box above 'Name' and a box below 'Name' on your screenshot.
Both are completely full. And the box above doesn't exist here. ;)

>>>As soon as I select 'm.s.s.seamonkey' the cursor jumps automatically to
>>>the message display/compose box (all white at this time).
>>
>> When i select m.s.seamonkey with the trackball the cursor and the focus
>> remain on m.s.seamonkey in the folderpane. Never have seen another behavior.
>
>So, prior to getting to that screen, you ensured that you were in :
>https://bug736811.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=631240
>mode first. Right?

Similar on my normal profile, apart from that there are 13 news servers
of which 4 normally are expanded. On my test profile there is only one
E-Mail account. At the moment.

>> When i press 'n' the focus jumps to a message in the threadpane which is
>> displayed in the messagepane. The cursor is still on the NG.
>
>Hartmut, this is a *Mouse* issue - focus eh?

That was covered here

|When i select m.s.seamonkey with the trackball the cursor and the focus
|remain on m.s.seamonkey in the folderpane. Never have seen another
|behavior.

as an answer to

|As soon as I select 'm.s.s.seamonkey' the cursor jumps automatically to
|the message display/compose box (all white at this time).

The part with the 'n' key was to show the difference between cursor and
focus. I have never seen that the cursor jumps to the 'message
display/compose box' when selecting a NG with the mouse in the folderpane.

>> What do you mean with 'message display/compose box'? The messagepane?
>> The threadpane? After selecting m.s.seamonkey the threadpane is here
>
>Where do you normaly view your message text

Messagepane.

<and or enter text for composition?

Compose window.

>The message pane/box that you are reading this in now is just that.

Huh? Messagepane and compose window are different animals. So you have
said, that selecting a NG with the mouse results in selecting a message
in the threadpane, displaying it in the message pane and the cursor is
then in the message pane? Hard to believe.

>> What is a 'Subject' box?
>
>https://bug736811.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=631242
>"Subject"

Sigh. You mean the box below the box with the text 'Subject'. The latter
deserves the name "'Subject' box".

|The user then must move the cursor up to the 'Subject' box in order
|to select a subject header.

Translation: the user then must move the cursor to a message in the
threadpane in order to select it. *g*

>>>It is at the seperator line between message window and 'Subject'
>>>window
>>
>> The separator between the threadpane and the line with the column headers?
>
>More screenshots?

Unambiguous explanations.

NoOp, fixing the bug requires reproducibility. Part of this an exact
definition under which circumstances the bug occurs. It might well be
that my English is not good enough to understand you.

Also, answering in English requires me to have dict.cc open and search
for words. Quite tedious. So i propose that i retire from this thread. ;)

Hartmut