On 6/20/12 9:43 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
> David E. Ross:
>
>> Having clicked on the copyright symbol in step #3 (albeit a
>> middle-click), should not the cursor position for starting the next
>> search be at that symbol?   Instead, it seems that the cursor position
>> remained at "Rancho" so that the search in step #4 continued from there.
>
> Yes.
>
>> Is this a bug?  Or is this intentional?
>
> Opening a new tab will set the position for searching on this new tab to
> the top of this new tab. The position for searching on the old tab will
> not be affected. And this is a good thing. :)
>
> Hartmut

The default when opening a new tab by middle-clicking on a link is to
place the new tab in the background, leaving the focus on the old tab.
This is controlled by the preference variable
browser.tabs.loadInBackground, which has the default value "True".  That
is how my configuration is setup.

In my test, I did not search on the new tab.  I did not even select the
new tab.  Focus remained on the old tab.  My question is whether, in
this case, the position for searching on the old tab should be where the
last search stopped or where I middle-clicked (where in the view window
the last mouse action occurred).

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross