On 6/21/12, David E. Ross <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> Windows XP Home Edition SP3
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 SeaMonkey/2.10.1
> AVG Anti-Virus 2012 (2012.0.2180)
> 2.66 GHz dual Pentium D processors
> Total Physical Memory 1.024 GB (533MHz)
>
> I have noticed that SeaMonky is slow to complete the rendering of many
> Web pages.  The pages start to render as quickly as I would expect, but
> then there is a Wait or Loading indicated in the status bar without any
> activity on my broadband connection.  Sometimes, several minutes elapse
> before rendering completes.
>
> I cannot tell if this problem is in SeaMonkey, elsewhere in my PC, in my
> Netgear router, in the Motorola cable modem, in RoadRunner, or in the
> Web servers.
>
> Among sites affected are the login to my Google account and
> addons.mozilla.org.  I do not seem to have this problem at Yahoo sites,
> including the login.

You could try installing an add-on like httpfox that shows request
activity.  If you're on a page that takes minutes to render and all
the http requests have been completed you'll know it's not a router,
cable modem, ISP or web server issue.  Altho

> then there is a Wait or Loading indicated in the status bar without any
> activity on my broadband connection.

sounds like a networking issue.  Have you used any of those 'speed
optimizer' programs?  Does it have an 'undo' option?

I'd find a working NDT server
(http://www.internet2.edu/performance/ndt/) and give that a try.  I
don't have java installed, so can't really tell but it looks like
http://206.196.176.210:7123/ is still working

Regards,
Lee