Try this:

In the Windows XP control panel, double-click on the Flash Player icon.

Go to the advanced tab. It will show you the current installed versions for both Active-X (Internet Explorer) and Plug-in (SeaMonkey or Firefox).

Click on Check Now. It will open your default browser and show you what is the latest version and what version you have installed.

If you need an update, click on Player Download Center.

Download (I suggest you un-click "Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus" before downloading) and save the installer.

Now click the "back" button on your browser. At the top of the page, click on "Do you have a different operating system or browser?".

Select your operating system.

Select the version that you did NOT just download and save the installer.

Close the Flash Player Settings Manager.

Run both installers that you downloaded, one at a time.

Re-open the Flash Player Settings Manager and check versions again.

You should now have the latest versions installed for both browser types. (Although I seldom use Internet Explorer, there is the occasional website that requires it, so I find it worthwhile to have both Active-X (Internet Explorer) and Plug-in (SeaMonkey or Firefox) versions of the Flash Player installed and updated.)

I discovered this trick a few months ago, and it has been a great help in keeping the Flash Player updated.

John

Rick Merrill wrote:
Adobe flash keeps asking to be installed over and over
but SeaMonkey 2.10.1 never seems to acknowledge the
installation of "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe"
on Windows-XP-sp3

What do I do now?

--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.