OK - replying from Fedora 17 now...

On 07/03/2012 08:44 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 07/02/2012 12:19 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>>> I've been running SM 2.9.1 on a 64 bit Linux system (Fedora 17) which lacks
>>> external IPv4 connection. It's been running fine.
>>
>> Are you stating that your Fedora 17 has no IPv4? Odd mine does.
>>
> What does that have to do with this problem? You have a network connection
> which
> supports IPv4 to the external world, mine currently only has IPv4 to machines
> inside the firewall.

Well... you tell me :-)
Your subject is: "SM 2.10.1 doesn't want to run IPv6", and yet: "mine
currently only has IPv4 to machines inside the firewall". So yeah, I'm
still confused as to what your issue with IPv6 is/isn't.

> Since 2.9.1 worked, and still does after downgrade, I'm assuming that the
> issue
> with the change in behavior is caused by the change in software.
>
>>> Today I tried to install on a
>>> system and it just "goes away" without messages or warning.
>>
>> What does? SM 2.10.1? Or IPv6?
>>
> Seamonkey. Process terminates, nothing in any log, nothing screen, tried the
> download contributed version, tried the Fedora version from updates-testing,
> same behavior. Exit status was zero (no error).

OK. So SM 2.10.1 doesn't run at all - and that issue has nothing to do
with IPv6. Your symptom sounds suspiciously like you have an
architecture mismatch.
For example, I am running this Fedora 17 in a VMWare VM. Even though my
host system is 64bits, the CPU isn't 64bit VM capable, so this F17 is
32bit. If I download, extract, and try to run:
seamonkey-2.10.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
I get the same symptoms (SM doesn't run). If I try SeaMonkey from the
terminal/bash, I get:
$ ./seamonkey
bash: ./seamonkey: cannot execute binary file
and checking the file:
$ file seamonkey
seamonkey: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped

However if I use the corrext version:
seamonkey-2.10.1.tar.bz2
SeaMonkey runs just fine. Note I have 2.10.1 64bit running in 64bit mode
on three other partitions.

So... you might want to test your version, as I see that you are running
32bit:
Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1

>>> I suspect virtually no one is running on IPv6 Linux and it's a contributed
>>> build
>>> so I won't bother to report it on bugzilla, just noting this in case it's
>>> useful.
>>>

>> https://ipv6.google.com/
>> Works for me.
>> I'm running teredo.
>> Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120630
>> Firefox/14.0 SeaMonkey/2.11
>>
> As noted in the subject, this report is about 2.10.1, the current shipping
> version.

OK. http://ipv6.google.com/ works for me with 2.10.1 Fedora 17 (again, I
am using miredo/teredo as a 4-6)[1]:
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615
Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miredo