Brooke Clarke wrote:
Hi:

I turned off the Composer preference to use CSS and that's fixed the
problem, THANKS.

Brooke,

You are very welcome. Now you should be able to create web page documents very much like in the old days of Netscape Composer.

If you would like to try something similar to composer, but updated to recent web standards you might like to try, Kompozer, patterned after the Netscape version, but heavily updated. Konpozer: http://www.kompozer.net/

Michael G

Here is an example of a table that appears on the left margin of
Composer and in the browser :
http://www.prc68.com/I/PTS160.html

and here is an example of a table that was inserted at the location of
the cursor when it was inserted:
http://www.prc68.com/I/GRA71.shtml

Have Fun,

Mr. Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:

Brooke Clarke wrote:
It used to be that when a table was inserted it was positioned at the
current tab, but now in 2.10.1 the table always is at the left edge
of the page. How to fix that?
Use CSS styles to position and size your tables and cells.
I'm not sure yet if Brooke means a) on the resultant web page, or b) in
the Composer source code window. I think we should try to determine
that before delving into CSS -- especially if Brooke is not familiar
with it.

Apparently Composer has had some modifications added to it's developing
of web page content that the rest of us are unaware of, changing the way
a table displays by default may be one. This will not be the first time
a developer has made changes without notification.

Changing the way tables and related content display by default should be
IAW the W3C web standards.
W3C hasn't change how raw tables display since tables were invented.

If a table now displays (by default) on the left side of the page then
this could be changed using CSS positioning elements.
Of course. table { margin-left: auto; margin-right-auto; } for example.

If Composer displays the table in the left side of his screen then it
will appear in the left side of the screen when viewed from the server.

Composer used to have the option of using HTML coding, or embedded CSS
Styles into the HTML elements.

Perhaps she could look at her Preferences for Composer and see how
composition is set?
You're also assuming Brooke (he/she) is talking about the display in the
resultant web page, in the browser. We still don't know if the reference
is to the web page, or in the Composer composition source code.

I still think we should confirm which is correct before recommending some
CSS to add.

Tables in a web page by default display at the left margin of their
containers. It's always been that way.

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com