On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:55:04 -0400, BIll Spikowski <b...@spikowski.com>
wrote:

>Rick Merrill wrote:
>> BIll Spikowski wrote:

+ + + + + + +>

>Your idea would help a lot, but my e-mail archives are an invaluable
>treasure to my business and I would NEVER trust their long-term
>storage to the cloud, or to anyone else's email servers.
>
>I'll admit that my personal system using Seamonkey is cumbersome (POP
>at my office to permanently store emails, and IMAP on my laptop so I
>can read and respond to emails comfortably while traveling without
>duplicating their storage), but I sure haven't figured out any other
>system that would work for me! Yes, I'm one of those people who would
>pay for continuing minor improvements to Seamonkey.

I'm also a SeaMonkey fan.  Browsers in SM and FireFox are similar to me but
Mail and Address Books in SM are much better than Thunderbird.

Biggest SeaMonkey things for me are: having nice lists/subgroups within
address books and, using the excellent full column layout when selecting
multiple addresses from my address books for an email message.

Some day I may start saving messages in SeaMonkey.  As it is, I'm still
saving messages as text files and storing those (the scheme I started in the
BBS days).

One concern: will SM be affected by switching to IPv6.    {grin}

--
 JohnW-Mpls