Hi Daniel

In the view box I have 2 choices "All" or "unread" and that is what I had intended to write in my question. It was showing "All" and it was
empty including those I had tagged (red) for holding.  I noted others
had made some comments and I was just trying to make it clear that the
happened so I can preclude it from happening again.  Thanks though for
your reply, sorry for the confusion.

Daniel wrote:
Lee wrote:
I am using Vista vers 6 with SP2 and again after compacting SeaMonkey I
lost all the files in my inbox.  Even tried a restore with no luck.
Anyone have any ideas what is going on.  So far as I can tell it is only
the mail inbox.  This is the second time once with 2.10 and now 2.11.  I
use PC Tools Internet Security and PC Tools Untilities.

Thanks again for any assistance and I do have it showing all not unread
and even the tagged files are gone also.  Got me confused.

Lee

"all not unread"....Lee, is this a typo, as you want the two menus set
to Messages...All and Threads....All!!