John S wrote:
Yesterday (30 July) SeaMonkey started crashing on startup. No details, it just "has
encountered a problem and must close." I sent the report to Mozilla. I also stepped
back to v. 2.10, and get the same result. I then downloaded and installed Thunderbird,
and get the same thing. Firefox works, but doesn't do e-mail. I'm hoping to hear from
Mozilla about this problem, but I'd appreciate any help anyone can give in
troubleshooting this. I'm using Windows 7, latest updates; Dell computer, ACPI
multiprocessor.

John S
Have you tried disabling all add-ons and plugins, and then restarting?

Please let me know how you get on, thanks,

Ruaraidh