Alice Wyman wrote:
Hank wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

WLS wrote:

Done the standard "Restart with Add-ons Disabled" to see if an
extension
is causing the problem?

Will try, I rather doubt it... Here's what I have:

AdBlock Plus 2.1.2
Chatzilla 0.9.88.2
DOM Inspector 2.0.12
JavaScript Debugger 0.9.89
Russian Hunspell spellchecking dictionary 1.0.20120501

Plugins don't count, right?

OK, tried starting in safe mode, didn't make any changes permanent, but
the issue persisted.

Any other thoughts?

Try disabling Shockwave Flash in Seamonkey add ons.  I started seeing
this behavior on Saturday 8/25 and just discovered that Flash was
updated on 8/25.  I disabled the add on and the problem went away.

I was also having problems with focus switching from the browser window
to the mail/news window in SeaMonkey, after opening certain links.  I
have the Flash 11.4 plugin installed on Windows 7 (64-bit) and what
fixed if for me was disabling "protected mode" in Flash.  Ref:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Flash_Protected_Mode_issues_on_Windows_Vista_and_above

You can disable Protected Mode by adding the line ProtectedMode=0 to the
Flash "mms.cfg" file located in:

     (Windows 32bit) C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
     (Windows 64bit) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

For details, see
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Disabling_Protected_Mode_in_Flash_11.3

Thanks for that! It seems to have fixed the problem of browser window losing focus. Good find!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/