Richard Owlett wrote:
My ISP (small local firm) provides spam and virus filters on all email accounts.
They use software from www.barracudanetworks.com .

I have two problems with SeaMonkey's response to messages from my ISP that there
are emails in my quarantine folder.

1. SeaMonkey flags all these messages as a possible scam. The messages are in
HTML and have a link to click through to my quarantined message and to page to
modify my preferences.
2. When I click on any of the links I receive a warning message that the URL is
numeric.

How can I "white list" these messages and that specific URL?
Each incoming notification does have a button for "Not a scam". But that only
deletes the warning for that specific notification, not the next one from my ISP
:<

I will give you some hints, but because (a) you use Windows, and (b) you undoubtedly don't run your own mail server, I can't give you step by step instructions. This info from my notes.

The "scam" stuff is set in a header line in the message seemingly added by SM. It's one of the X-Mozilla-Status lines. If the message looks like a scam a bit will be set for the message, clear the bit to make the warning go away. In my case I simply added the flag lines in my custom perl mail filter which works with spamassassin to preprocess mail. How you do it is up to you, if you're a programmer and want to play with the mail file wherever SM puts them in Windows, go to it and share your results.

I suspect this will help with understanding more than solution, but there it is.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have