iMac running 10.7.4     SeaMonkey 2.12.1

My friend allowed an acquaintance to run a payroll programme (presumably an MS program) the consequence of which is that SeaMonkey mail and newsgroup displays normally but the browser fills the entire screen rendering the top apple bar, the bottom program bar and the SeaMonkey toolbars invisible and inaccessible.
I can return to the SeaMonkey mail by invoking 'Spaces' or F3.
I have installed a new download of SeaMonkey 2.12.1 but that didn't change anything.
Can anyone suggest a way to return the browser to normal display?
Help and suggestions appreciated.