Interviewed by CNN on 21/09/2012 16:17, S Quinn told the world:

> Hi,
>
> I have SeaMonkey 2.7.1.  Recently Seamonkey has begun to open itself to
> remind me to check for updates.  I've got nothing against updates but I don't
> want the application to open unless I explicitly ask it to open.  I haven't
> seen how to turn this off in the forums, but I just may be looking in the
> wrong place.  Can you tell me where to find the setting that will prohibit
> SeaMonkey from opening for any reason without me opening it?

AFAIK, Seamonkey does *not* auto-opens. If it appears to be doing so,
there's probably a hidden instance of Seamonkey running in the
background. That's also *not* normal behavior.

Some possible causes to be investigated:
- something broken in your setup that keeps Seamonkey from completely
closing when you ask it to close (possibly a broken extension).
- Some utility to "preload" Seamonkey in memory so it starts faster, OR
to "minimize to tray" (instead of closing) Seamonkey so it still
downloads mail and stuff without cluttering the taskbar. I think there
were a couple extensions to do that, perhaps you are using one of those.
Check your extensions list.
- A virus, running Seamonkey in the background in order to use it to do
stuff. Personally, I think this one is unlikely; the viruses I have seen
that do something like this always target IE.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Sent from my Nokia nGage.
* Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.12.1 *