I want to make sure my problem is clearly understood and also ask for advice about how to seek a solution:

1. SM 2.12.1 is running.

2. I click on my Facebook entry in the personal toolbar and the starting FB screen appears.

3. At this point, the pointer is not "released" and cannot click on anything. The Task Manager has the SM entry but says it is not responding.

4. After about 45 seconds the pointer is released and I ca proceed to use FB without any further problems.

5. When I am through, I close the Tab containing FB, The FB screen goes blank and once again the pointer is frozen for about 45 seconds. After that no problems.

6. By the way, when the pointer is frozen, it affects any other applications and the Mail/Newsgroup window.

7. It all runs fine on IE.

8. I have checked for viruses. I have turned off Add-ons. I have Defragged my disk. I have no idea what to do from here.

I need suggestions as to how to proceed from here. Can anyone give me some clues? Is this likely a SM problem, a FB problem, or something else.

Stan

Stan wrote:
I've been getting 45 second delays when opening and closing FaceBook. I
click on FB in my personal toolbar and FB appears on the screen, but the
pointer stays busy for 45 seconds.

When I am ready to exit FB, I click on the 'x' in the Tab and nothing
happens, the screen does not clear, and the pointer stays busy for about
45 seconds.

Anyone know what causes this?  Thanks. Stan.   (I'm using SM 2.12.1)