On 9/23/12 8:14 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> WaltS wrote:
>> On 09/23/2012 11:04 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
>>> Using SM 2.12.1, I can't log in to www.wherever.tv at the URL
>>>
>>> http://www.wherever.tv/Login.jsf
>>>
>>> It does work with IE8, Google Chrome and Firefox 15.0.1
>>>
>>> The main issue is that for those browsers that do work, there is a "GO"
>>> check box that appears to the right of Password block. That check box does
>>> not appear in my version of SM 2.12.1.
>>>
>>> While I can press "Enter" after entering the password and get into the
>>> site, there are many other check boxes that do not appear making it
>>> useless to go any further.
>>>
>>> Is there a SM version that is equivalent to FF 15.0.1?
>>>

>> According to your User Agent, you are using it.
>>
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909 Firefox/15.0.1
>> SeaMonkey/2.12.1
>>
> No, I am not using Firefox 15.01.1. I am using SM 2.12.1 to compose this
> message and to log into www.wherever.tv While the UA does have
> Firefox/15.0.1 in it, it is not what I'm using.

What you -- and many Web developers -- fail to understand is that
Firefox and SeaMonkey both have the same Gecko and Toolkit core
components.  These components handle the rendering of Web pages,
interfacing with the Internet, negotiating logins and other security,
etc.  The only difference between SeaMonkey and Firefox with respect to
the Web is the user interface such as menus, buttons, and profiles.  If
you have SeaMonkey 2.12.1, you have the same Web-browsing capabilities
as Firefox 15.0.1.

Yes, SeaMonkey also includes a mail-news feature and a Web page composer
that are lacking in Firefox.  But those do not relate to browsing the Web.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross