Michael Gordon wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 01/10/2012 11:28, allanhorn told the world:
I am receiving warnings that my mailbox content is over capacity, yet I
have deleted hundreds of e-mails and cleaned out my spam and trash
files... *to no avail.   Any suggestions?*

That depends on where you are getting the warnings from and what kind of
mail access/management you are using.

It's possible that you are hitting the mailbox limits on your ISP. If
so, deleting your locally-stored mail won't help -- unless you are using
IMAP access.

A more likely scenario is that you are getting your messages via POP but
you are not removing the old messages from the store at your ISP. Try
accessing your mailbox via webmail and check if there is stuff to be
deleted *there*.

There is another possibility.  If the mail account settings have been
set to delete messages on the server when I delete them, SM should send
the "delete message" back to the server.  This is supposed to work for
IMAP and POP3 servers.

Check: Edit/Mail and Account Settings/Server Settings - Leave Messages
on Server/Until I delete them.

I have not had this problem for years since setting the check box to
delete messages.

Michel G

When I read the original post, I thought the OP was being spammed, so that, if s/he clicked on the proved link, s/he would provide the email address and password so that the nastie pasties out there could make use of his/her identity!!.

But, I suppose it could be a real problem....if so, the OP should have a look at File->Empty Trash and File->Compact Files.

Might help....will not hurt!!

--
Daniel