On 10/9/12 5:51 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Tom Pamin wrote:
>
>> I realize this is a SM only forum, but this question concerns both SM
>> and IE. Does anyone know why java works fine in SM, but IE 9 doesn't
>> recognize java? I just noticed this problem - things worked fine before.
>> Here's a link that works fine in SM, but in IE I get a red x (both 32
>> and 64-bit). Can someone please try this in both browsers and see what
>> you get?
>> http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java
>
> Works fine in both. Java took a moment to load in IE (coffee icon),
> otherwise no difference.
>
> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909
> Firefox/15.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.12.1
> Build identifier: 20120909051100
>
> IE version 9.0.8112.16421
> Update versions: 9.0.10 (KB2744842)
>
> Windows 7 Pro SP1

For Windows, there are different versions of Flash between IE and
Gecko-based applications; but there is only one Windows version of Java,
which applies to both IE and Gecko.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross