Arnie Goetchius wrote:
WaltS wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Paddlefoot wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:

Under Preferences, I have my "Wrap text messages" set to 72
characters. When I type the message, it does wrap. However, when I
post to the NG, it does not wrap. Is there some other setting I need
to change to make the 72 character wrap carry into the posting on the
NG.

Interesting.  The message is properly wrapped in View>Source, and
properly wraps in Reply To: yet displays unwrapped in the message pane.

Probably has something to do with compose in text versus html, no?

I am continuing to test in the Mozilla Test NG and it looks like I have
solved the problem when posting the original message but still have the
problem when Replying. Does not appear to be a Test vs HTML thing.

I am as confused as you are, because I am seeing the same behavior.

SeaMonkey 2.13 should be out soon. So I'd wait to see if it has the same
behavior, before looking to see if a bug is filed, or filing one, or
maybe someone else will know.

Interesting. Your reply to me (above) did wrap at 72 okay. I am replying
to you here with longer than 72 to see what happens.

As you can see, your reply to me wrapped and my reply to you did not wrap. Phew!!