Interviewed by CNN on 17/10/2012 16:15, Not@home told the world:
> I've been very happy using SeaMonkey on my Windows based machines for years.
>
> Now I've obtained a smart phone, primarily for internet access using 3G
> or 4G when I am traveling.  It runs on Android.  The clerk at the store
> said it would run any browser, but when I went to the SeaMonkey site, I
> could find only versions for windows or linux.  Is there some way I can
> get this phone to run SeaMonkey?  They keep talking about Apps, but as I
> have aged I have not kept up with technology, and don't even know what
> those are.

The short of it is: the clerk lied.

There are indeed several browsers for Android, but not all of them. Just
to stay on the Big Five, Internet Explorer and Safari are not available
for Android and probably never will be, since Microsoft and Apple prefer
pushing their own platforms. Chrome is, but only if you have a phone
running a recent version of Android (4.0 or greater). Even Firefox won't
run in the very cheapest phones.

Android comes with a Webkit-based browser -- a ho-hum one called just
"Browser" in most versions, and a version of Google Chrome in the most
recent releases. Most other browsers for Android are also Webkit-based,
like the rather good Dolphin Browser, and most leverage the built-in
Webkit engine.

Firefox and Opera, however, have their own engines (Gecko for Firefox,
Presto for Opera), with all the pluses and minus that it entails.

The closest thing to Seamonkey that you can currently get for Android
would be Firefox. It uses the same rendering engine (Gecko) and has the
ability to synchronize bookmarks, history, passwords and such between
mobile and desktop browser (either Firefox or Seamonkey), using the
Firefox Sync service. But it does not include a mail/news reader; you
have to rely on other Android apps for those.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.
* Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.1 *