Ed Mullen wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 10/21/2012 8:35 AM PT, Ed Mullen typed:

In SeaMonkey's addressbooks, there are two e-mail addresses
(primary/main and secondary/additional). Is there a way to add more
e-mail addresses so I can pick from it? Copying and pasting is
annoying.

Not sure what you're wanting to do.  What and why are you cutting and
pasting?  From where to where?

You can only have two addresses per contact.  But you can create as many
contacts as you like.  When you compose an email and start typing a name
a drop down list of matches appears for you to choose from.

I have several single contacts that have more than two e-mail addresses.
I don't want to make duplicate contacts with all of their e-mail
addresses. I have a contact that has about five different e-mail
addresses. I want to keep all the e-mail addresses in them, but I can
only do two. I put the extra e-mail addresses in its notes section for
me to copy (not cut [not deleting!]) and paste. I was hoping there was a
way to add more e-mail address forms.

The most functional thing to do is create more contacts entries. So,
John Smith has five emails.  So, create John Smith as a contact with 2
emails:

jo...@him.com
jo...@him.com

Create new contacts with these emails:

johnsmi...@him.com
johnsmi...@him.com
johnsmi...@him.com

When you click Compose and start typing "john ..." you'll get all of
those addresses that you can click on and add as "Send to" addresses (or
CCs etc).  Or, click Compose - Address and select all the johns you want
from the appropriate address book.

Sigh.  It's late.  It should read:

--
Ed Mullen