dpmrsem...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:35:05 PM UTC-5, Ed Mullen wrote:
Paul Bergsagel wrote:

Ed Mullen

There are two things that may (or may not) be causing the trouble you

are experiencing with Seamonkey 1. Add ons and 2. corruption in your

user profile.

First try staring Seamonkey in safe mode which disables all your add

ons->open the browser and under the help menu click on "restart with

Add-ons Disabled". Now open mail. If this solves the problem one of your

add-ons is causing a problem with mail.

If disabling add-ons does not work you may have a corruption with your

user profile. Before you do anything with your user profile make a

backup copy the user profile to another directory (preferably to an

external hard disk). Delete your user profile (you did make a backup to

restore to, right? if the profile is not causing the problem.) Open the

browser and under the Tools menu click on "switch profile" and create a

new profile. Using the newly created profile open mail. Does mail open

as expected and function properly? If so there is some corruption with

the older user profile you backed up and it is causing Mail to act weird

and crash.

If neither of these suggestions solve the problems you are having, I'm

sorry but I don't know what else to suggest. :(

You aren't reading.

I've already said I have tried Safe Mode.  I have already said I've

disabled all Add-Ons. I've tried a new profile.  Nothing helped.  Follow

along in the conversation, okay?

To reiterate, and answer your redundant questions:

No.  Safe Mode doesn't work.

No.  New profile doesn't work.

And I'm sitting here typing while no characters appear in my compose

window and the fans on my PC are going crazy.

Oh!!!!  There are the characters I typed!!!  After about 20 seconds.

Before anyone offers any advice, this is on a system where I just wiped

and re-installed Windows 7 Professional.

Yes, it all worked great until about a year or 18 months ago.  And it's

getting worse.

And, yes.  I've about had it after being a loyal user since Netscape

around 1994.  But I WILL find somthing that works and change.

Ah there ya go, another hang while I'm typing for about 20 seconds.

Screw this. Tomorrow I'm looking for alternatives.

--

Ed Mullen

http://edmullen.net/

It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Well it's not SeaMonkey and if it is not Windows or other software doing it you
must be having a Hardware issues.

SeaMonkey is working for thousands and thousands of people, but not for Ed, is
there a light bulb flashing over your head yet.

This threads a mess how can anyone follow it. PLEASE do try other Email
programs and when they fail come back with a cooler head.

If you go back upthread, I also mentioned a hang when downloading headers in certain binary newsgroups - particularly if there's several thousand to get. The only solution that has worked was to delete the associated .msf file. Over time, this file grows in size and that I believe is what causes the hang.