On 10/29/2012 08:15 AM, Craig wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> OK. 5.8 installed & running. Note that this is a 32bit version running
>> in VirtalBox VM, so the graphics drivers are VB's.
>
> Hmmmm ... I wonder if the NVIDIA drivers I was told to install on this
> list awhile back are the problem.

Could be. What card & which driver?

I forget if you've tried this, but if not can you download the 64bit
version, extract in a home folder (like you did with the 32bit) and
'./seamonkey' to see if it reacts the same?

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#2.13.2
<http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.13.2/contrib/seamonkey-2.13.2.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2>

BTW: the README file shows that the 64bit version was actually built on
CentOS:

<quote>
*** SeaMonkey 2.13.2 for Linux x86_64 ***

Built using the Mozilla 64bit Linux reference platform:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReferencePlatforms/Linux-CentOS-5.0_64-bit

Using the following mozconfig:
http://hg.mozilla.org/build/buildbot-configs/file/default/seamonkey/linux64/comm-beta/release/mozconfig

The used build process is documented at:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Release_Process:2.13.2
</quote>