For over a year now I have not been using SM's browser on a day-to-day
basis, ever since SM browser "forgot" all my bookmarks and history, even
though Mail continues to work just fine.  It's as though SM browser is
unable to see my profile.  At the time it happened I posted here for
help but with no joy.

Since then I have been using Safari day-to-day, but I still use SM
browser from time to time when some site doesn't work properly on
Safari.  Today on just such an accasion, shortly after SM browser told
me it had blocked some pop-up windows, it re-opened my "previous"
session, ie the last session before my problems began over a year ago!
However it still couldn't see any bookmarks or history.

At the top of the visible tab on the frontmost window this message was
displayed this message :

"The bookmarks and history system will not be functional because one of
SeaMonkey's files is in use by another application.  Some security
software can cause this problem."

I don't have any security software that I'm aware of.  Can anyone use
this message to diagnose and solve my problem?

Thanks,
Geoff