David E. Ross wrote:
> On 11/25/12 7:01 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> BIll Spikowski wrote, On 25/11/2012 13:59:

>>> I use "WinMail Opener":
>>> http://www.eolsoft.com/freeware/winmail_opener/
>>>
>> If Winmail Opener can do it ..... SM will be smart enough to do it also ?
>> Ok i have the answer .. SM developpers hates microsoft stuff, so will
>> never never try to manage winmail.dat :-)
>>

> Why should SeaMonkey (or Mozilla in general) implement something that is
> proprietary to Microsoft, something that no other non-Microsoft software
> supports?

So that Seamonkey users can interact with their colleagues, who often
work in businesses that yoke them to Microsoft, whatever their
personal preferences?

You could hardly find a more devoted and loyal Seamonkey user than me;
but I don't recommend Seamonkey to non-techie friends because of just
this sort of shortcoming.

I keep hoping that someone with the appropriate technical skills will
write an extension that interprets winmail.dat files and Outlook
appointments....