My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on 11/27/2012 11:26 AM:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
11/25/2012 11:24 AM:
Is it possible to adjust the width of the sidebar's vertical scrollbar
using CSS?  If so does anyone know the proper code?

There's no clean way that I'm aware for the SM default theme since it
uses system scrollbars but this should work for any themes that style
their own scrollbars like Modern or a number of others:

scrollbarbutton {
   width: 10px;
   height: 10px;
   max-width: 10px;
   max-height: 10px;
   background-size: contain;
}

thumb {
   background-size: contain;
}

Note: You can change width/height to your liking and it only works
cleanly with CSS3 versions of SM.

Thanks much!  I'll try this tomorrow after some sleep and an eye doctor
exam tomorrow ... once the drops wear off and I can see again.

Awesome!  Thanks so much.

One odd thing:

http://edmullen.net/temp/cap_scroll.jpg

Notice the area under the scrollbar. It should be all gray but only the original default width is gray - the area to its right is white. I poked around with the DOM Inspector but couldn't figure out anything.

Hmm, using the values I detailed above, here's what I'm seeing:

http://projectit.com/multimedia/image/gif/sidebar.gif

Are you using the SM Modern theme?

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion