On 11/27/2012 03:31 AM, Daniel wrote:
> SeaMonkey Internet Suite on MandrivaLinux 2009 -
>
> I want to set SeaMonkey to open *.xlsx files with OpenOffice. When I go
> into Edit->Preferences->Browser->Helper Applications and locate "xlsx
> File", it's set to "Always Ask", but I want to change it to use
> OpenOffice, but when I try, I must be selecting the wrong file to use as
> the Helper Applications screen continues to show "Always ask".
>
> How do I set the correct Helper??
>
> TIA

Click on the xlsx file. When you get 'Open With', select 'Other'. Browse
to your soffice shell (not soffice.bin) and click. Then check the 'Do
this automatically for files...'. Now test again & the file should open
in OOo (read only as it is /tmp).  You can set it back to 'Always Ask'
in Edit->Preferences->Browser->Helper Applications>Microsoft Excel
Worksheet (application/vnd.openxmlformats...)

I used this file to test:
<http://groups.csail.mit.edu/drl/wiki/images/a/a1/Classifier_Final.xlsx>
[test file]

Origination: