David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/7/12 10:48 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
I notice in Firefox about:home will open your home page.  Also, there is
a pref:  browser.newtab.url

which allows one to specify what opens when you open a new tab.

Any idea if that will ever make it into SeaMonkey?  I find it very useful.

1.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences].

2.  On the left side of the Preferences window under Category, select
Browser.

3.  At the top of the Browser pane in the "Display on" area, there is a
pull-down selection list that allows you to select Browser Startup, New
Window, and New Tab.  Underneath the selection list are radio buttons
that allow you to select what you see when you launch SeaMonkey, open a
new SeaMonkey window, and open a new tab.  Each of those is independent
of the other two.

Interesting.

However, have you tried about:config and tried to find browser.newtab.url? Doesn't exist in my SM 2.14.1, near as I can tell.

I use the extension Tab Clicking Options and it does not respect this setting. If it is active opening a new tab via middle-clicking on the tab bar opens a blank tab.

But I realize that isn't a SM problem.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/