Joe32065 wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/11/12 2:51 PM, Joe32065 wrote:
When I go to my son's online school I have to enter the name and
password each time.  SeaMonkey used to ask if I want it to remember, but
now it doesn't.  I don't think I clicked on never for this site.
How can I make SeaMonkey ask me again so I can say yes?

To check if you have requested to block the saving of the password for a
particular domain:

1.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Tools > Data Manager].

2.  If requested, enter your master password.

3.  In the Data Manager's pull-down selection list (which might show
"All data types"), select the button with the down-triangle and then
select "Permissions".

4.  If the domain does not appear in the list under Domain, you have NOT
blocked saving the password (see below).  Otherwise, select the domain.
  On the Permissions tab, you will see the name of the domain, the
permissions that have been set, and radio buttons to change those
permissions.

If you never blocked the saving of the password for the school's domain,
try installing the Remember Passwords extension.  The version at
addons.mozilla.org apparently will not install in SeaMonkey 2.14.1.
However, I tweaked the upper allowed SeaMonkey version number in the
extension and uploaded it to
<http://rossde.com/test/remember_passwords-1.0.2-fx+sm.xpi>.  Just let
me know when you have downloaded my tweaked version so that I can then
delete it from my ISP's Web server.

The extension will not work in all cases.  If the login is a JavaScript
artifact, it will not work.  For example, I see this at Slashdot
<http://slashdot.org/>; there, the workaround is to disable JavaScript,
which then gives me a regular HTML login page.  I just have to remember
to re-enable JavaScript before selecting the Log In button after the
Password Manager provides my user ID and password.  Not all sites using
JavaScript for logins have such a workaround.  It appears there are also
some sites that block the saving of passwords even when they do not use
JavaScript in the logins despite the use of the Remember Passwords
extension.

Thanks, disabling javascript did not help.  I did not have the school's
site blocked.  Will try the extension next.  Do I just click on it or
how to use it?
Tried clicking on it and windows said what program do you want to open with...I chose SeaMonkey. It works great. Thank You!