I found by accident that the 2.14.1 version we are using now has
a nasty bug in the message composition mode.

When composing in HTML, and after setting a custom font size in
the options for message composition (default is medium, set to
small or large for example) the composer peppers a lot of nested
are required.  It is not clear to me when it inserts a new one,
maybe after backspacing or similar.  I saw messages with 20
or more nested font tags.

What makes it even worse is that stupid change (made a couple of
versions before) to pretty-print the outgoing HTML.  It is
indented based on the tag level, so each level of <font> indents
it more.  There is absolutely no point in doing that, it only
wastes space and bandwidth for no purpose.

The combined result is HTML crap that even Microsoft would be ashamed of.

I think some priority has to be given to fix both bugs.
The pretty-printing should at least be made optional, defaulting
to off, and the change that introduced the <font size> problem should
be reverted or looked at.

I had to disable font size preselection (by lockPref) temporarily
to work around the issues it causes.  But I know of no way to turn
off the pretty-printing.