W3BNR wrote:
On 1/14/2013 8:58 PM Ed Mullen submitted the following:
stango wrote:
Ken Rudolph wrote:
My version of SeaMonkey (Win-7 x64, SM 2.15) continues to show in "About
Plugins" that it still contains the previous Java SE6 U37, which is
supposedly vulnerable to blah blah blah.  I updated successfully (I
think) to U38 from the Oracle site, but SeaMonkey continues to show U37
as the plugin.  Did I do something wrong?  Any way to make U38 the
SeaMonkey plug-in?

You are running 64 bit Windows and will need to install BOTH the 32 bit
AND the 64 bit versions.

Why?

For some reason Oracle says so.  I'm running a 64 bit system (Win 7) with the 32
bit Java.  No problem.  Had both in there originally since that's what Oracle
said to do. (32 bit for browsers & 64 bit for system).  I removed the 64 bit
version and have had no (at least no known) problems.

Interesting.

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

--
Ed Mullen