Jim Dell wrote:
Daniel wrote:
question wrote:
Since Seamonkey is set to Disable Java as it startup,, many of us will
be moving to INTERNET EXPLOITER ..

How many of you??

Seems to me, if SeaMonkey is disabling Java (because *Java* has a known
problem), why would you then want to move to MSIE (which, I'm guessing,
has the same problem with Java), and have to deal with MSIE's other
problems (like ActiveX, .....)!!

My problem is not that it is disabling it, but it keeps trying to
install 7u10 when 7u11 was installed yesterday.
Anybody got a fix for that?

Jim

Mine was doing that, Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium, with both 64 bit and 32 bit Java 7u11 installed. Every time I would click on a java object SeaMonkey would want to download 7u10. I copied the java 7u11 plugin from the java directory to the SeaMonkey plugin directory and then SeaMonkey plugin manager would show the 7u11 plugin but Java would not work. It would actually crash SeaMonkey when trying to run www.time.gov or other java pages.

I tried several things that didn't work, but what finally did is I uninstalled 32 bit Java 7u11 run time (jre-7u11-windows-i586.exe), then installed 32 bit Java 7u10 run time (jre-7u10-windows-i586.exe), then reinstalled Java 7u11 (jre-7u11-windows-i586.exe) over top of it.

After that SeaMonkey see the correct plugin and java is working fine. Of course there is a new exploit for 7u11 so I will probably disable it again.

--
Jim