Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote, On 21/01/2013 23:13:
Ray_Net wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Clicking on a link in usenet bring me there:
http://groups.google.com/groups?
safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_umsgid=50f8adad$0$8985
$ba4ac...@reader.news.orange.fr
where we can read in a RED bar:

Les anciens Google Groupes vont bientôt disparaître, mais votre
navigateur est incompatible
<http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33864> avec la
nouvelle version.
So? Google is one of millions of web sites that only supports
mainstream browsers. Did you click the link in the red bar? (the
'support' link you included above) It says:

<quote>
Supported browsers

Google Apps supports the following browsers:

      Chrome Internet Explorer Firefox Safari

</quote>

Does the same thing with Opera. Your beef is with Google, not
SeaMonkey.

<http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2011/06/our-plans-to-support-
modern-browsers.html>
If you were to mask your User Agent string, it would probably work.

I have User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909
Firefox/15.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.12.1

Is that string not telling Google that i use FireFox ?
No, apparently Google is smarter than just sniffing for the single word
"Firefox" in the UA string.

So .... what MUST be a correct UA string for all smarter sites ????
Perhaps, i should abandon SM and adopt FireFox/Thunderbird ?

It looks that the whole word did not accept SM as a brower.