Connie <connie.spar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>
>> Open the windows file explorer (not the internet explorer) and go
>> to C:\Documents and Settings\Connie\Application Data\Mozilla.
>> It may be that you need to click away some notices by Windows that
>> you do not need to go there.   It may also be that you need to
>> go to Extra ->  Options and checkmark the "show hidden files" option.
>>
>> In that location you should find a profiles.ini and one or more
>> subfolders with funny names.  See what you have there, what date
>> and time there is on those folders and show us the content of that
>> profiles.ini file.
>>
>> That should help locating the folder that holds all your previous
>> mail and settings.
>
> Hallo
>
> Good news, bad news
>
> I've found the file but it's dated 18 Jan.  SeaMonkey was working fine
> on 12 Jan.  It wasn't on 13 Jan.  The bookmarks is only 1KB and it
> should be a /lot/ bigger than that.  An out of date version is 330KB.
>   It probably should be closer to 500KB now.  It looks as though the
> browser side is totally gone.  Two folders of collated bookmarks were
> recently added to but I should be able to use the old version to
> re-create the majority which I'll do manually.

The bookmarks file is no longer used.  That info is now in places.sqlite.

> Under the Mozilla heading, all the mail up to the crash date seems to
> be there.  Looking at the Inbox file on one of the two main accounts,
> it's showing 73,011 KB, which sounds about right.  The Inbox.msf file
> is reading 183KB.  All the email accounts are there and a quick check
> is showing that recently added folders under the Local Folders heading
> are also there.
>
> Question is how do I get those mails and folders back?  Do I trust

When your current profile is different from the one where you found the
mail, you can create the required mail account in the new profile, then
close the program and using the explorer copy the folder Mail from the
old profile to the new profile.   This is where all your mail files are.

When you then start Seamonkey again, the mail should be back.

To be sure, I would install version 2.14.1 and not 2.15 or higher.
There appears to be a problem in that version, as I have seen a couple
of postings about suddenly losing the profile.