Rob wrote:

Ok, that is great (and what was to be expected).
It tells you not to panic because something does not show up anymore :)

The email accounts didn't reappear so I'll have to sort that out tomorrow.

Yes that is what I said.  You need to create the mail accounts.  That
is normally very simple.

Your bookmarks are normally in the file places.sqlite that you can
copy over from the old to the new profile, but they are also backed
up regularly in a subfolder bookmarkbackups where you find several
files from different dates, and you can import those in the program.

Ok good luck.   But I still recommend you to implement some backup
solution to an external USB stick or disk.

Hallo

I only start to get anxious when it comes to the work I do on my computer.

Some of the folders within the accounts are missing but I should be able to rebuild them easily enough.

I'll have a look at the bookmark folders and subfolders later.

I did do a backup but it didn't appear to have worked. Now I know what to look for, I'll make sure that's saved where I know to find it, together with your instructions for reinstalling.

Many thanks again for your help - and patience! :-)

Connie in London