On 02/14/2013 09:09 AM, Smiles wrote:
WaltS wrote:
On 02/10/2013 08:06 PM, Smiles wrote:
WaltS wrote:
On 02/10/2013 02:30 PM, Smiles wrote:
Smiles wrote:
Why does this tab always now show up
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ Seamonkey 2.13

thanks

Hey, Smiles, when I look at your User Agent, I see....

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121007
Firefox/16.0
SeaMonkey/2.13

Do you see it mentions FireFox?? So the reason you get taken to the
FireFox page is..............??

I thought this problem had been fixed several releases ago. Maybe I'm
wrong. You can get around it, in the meantime, by going to
Edit->Preferences->Advanced->HTTP Networking and de-selecting
"Advertise
Firefox compatibility"

And when you've finished, don't forget to turn this pref back on, so
you
can fool those annoying sites!

this box is not checked but I still get the Mozilla plugin page
showing up

Maybe because you are using an outdated SeaMonkey with outdated plugins.

Does the plugin check page indicate that your plugins are up to date?

The Firefox (not FireFox) compatibility has nothing to do with it.

they show up to date

This might help.

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2574863>

When I open about:config and change the check plugins from true to false

close Seamonkey then reopen I have 50% chance it worked but do a reboot
and it goes back to true

I just toggled the plugins.update.notifyUser pref from false to true, restarted SeaMonkey, and got the https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ tab, but the pref reset to false.

I didn't get the tab on the next restart.

Does restarting in safe mode change anything?

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>

--
Fedora 18.0 (64-bit) KDE 4.9.5
Thunderbird Daily