Rufus wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
Hey Guys.

Following along with our traditional security updates, 2.16.1 is now
out
to correct a severe security vulnerability.

You should be able to grab it from our website
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ or directly form the app's
check-for-updates.

...here's hoping for a fix for the drop downs...again...

...so much for that hope...again...

Rufus, could you please refresh my memory about the drop downs
situation??

The drop down menus are drawn incompletely for things like Master
Password request using the SM Modern Theme - the bottom edge is cut off
in such a way that even the buttons are incompletely drawn.  I was told
that the team already had a bug on this so I didn't submit one.

This is just one more of a series of UE/UI type bugs that I've been
waiting on fixes (some of them for *years* now)...and this is a
seemingly pretty simple one, but really annoying from a UE standpoint.
I'm holding my most used machines at SM 2.13.2 until this gets fixed.

Wanted to visualize your problem, but can't seem to find it. Would you
please post the complete sequence of choices that leads you to the
problem?

Note that I use SM Modern in Windows, not Mac. Maybe different?

Probably.  This is annoying because of a combination of two problems,
really -

1) open SM and navigate to a site that requires input of a stored
Password.  The drop down to input you Master Password is drawn short.

2) and this is the *REALLY* annoying one - just opening SM and waiting
for a random period of time *WITHOUT* navigating to a site requires a
stored Password I get a request for my Master Password even though I
have my Pref set to ask only when it's first required.  I wrote this up
as SM bug 724296, and it's been broken since roughly about 1.16.  So now
I have this to deal with, *and* the dialog is drawn short.

...and as an aside to #2 - I now have a Windows 7 Bootcamp install on my
Mac Mini and have been running the Win version of SM there - and even
though I have my Pref set to ask for my Master Password the first time
it is needed it asks at start of session - every time!  So something is
really broken as far as invoking the Pref setting is concerned, I should
think.

You guys could fix this *one* bug alone and make a 200% improvement in
the product in terms of UE, IMO.

How about one thing at a time?!?! (Mac or Master Password??)

Rufus any chance you can set up a test profile *without* using a Master Password then see if your drop-downs work correctly??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913