Rufus <n...@home.com> wrote:
> But I'm still left curious about these "business users"...I should think
> that the SM user base would be far higher if employers were
> adopting/requiring it...which I've been waving the flag for for the last
> couple decades....

Businesses don't like the idea that security updates are combined with
feature updates.  When they need to update because of security reasons,
they want to keep the same featureset but with fixed security.  They
like to test new featuresets and fix or work around issues before they
are rolled out.

This is incompatible with the Mozilla Seamonkey release scheme, and mostly
also with Firefox's.  I think that is why you see the usage only dropping.

We have been using Mozilla (first Netscape, then Mozilla, then Seamonkey)
for well over a decade but finally we are going to convert to Outlook.
Seamonkey is nice, but it just isn't fit-for-business anymore.