On 2013-03-19 15:18 (GMT) Philip TAYLOR composed:

I would argue that if anyone is stupid [1] enough to have that many
tabs open at one time, he or she deserves whatever crazy
behaviour they experience as a result.

Computers are tools.

Virtual desktops are tools.

Web browsers are tools.

Many web pages are tools.

Tabs are tools.

Tools left clean and unused in a toolbox don't accomplish much, including exhibiting any bugs that may lurk in them.

I'm a tool user with on average upwards of 150 tabs open simultaneously, rarely less than 120 in the past half decade, spread among no less than 5 Mozilla browser product windows and one KDE browser product window spread across multiple virtual desktops. Much time and/or bandwidth can be saved:

        not having to wait for reloading of frequently revisited pages
        always finding most used pages in the same relative locations
        not hunting through bookmarks or history windows only to use them to
                reload recently visited pages.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/