Ant sent the following on Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:40:14 -0700:
> On 3/19/2013 12:40 PM PT, Jim G. typed:

> >> Please forgive my ignorance but what's Reddit?? ;-)
> >
> > The new(er) Digg. It's basically a big news-gathering and -sharing
> > playground for 20-something-year-old guys and other guys who wish that
> > they were still 20-something.
>
> I used to use Digg until they went downhill withi its v4 and revamped
> the whole thing. I switched to Reddit like most Diggers. I still use
> newsgroups/usenet, /., IRC, text based programs, SSH2, etc. :)

USENET and the old Compuserve with its venerable forums pretty much
guaranteed that I would never be happy with web-based interactions. To
me, this sort of thing requires an offline reader and some really good
filters, neither of which is available on most web forums.

--
Jim G.
[Insert your favorite clever tagline here.]