Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:

According to a Google search of "annoyances.org", that web site is up
and running.
However, I keep getting
"Not Found
The requested URL /exec/forum/winxp was not found on this server."
for
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
also
http://www.annoyances.org/
returns
"Annoyances.org is temporarily down for maintenance and will return
shortly."

Some sites say it is being Blocked.....if so by whom and why?

I wouldn't know, it looks like it really is down for maintenance and no
conspiracy theories apply.

There is something about clearing your DNS Cache, also. (?)

I know zip about what the DNS Cache is - can anyone help clear this
up ?

You can try this, but it won't help; I offer it for future reference:

Open a command prompt. Type
     ipconfig/flushdns
Hit Enter. Windows replies
     Windows IP Configuration
     Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache

Rationale: DNS lookup means that when you ask your browser to access a
website by name, it needs to look up the IP address (12.34.56.789) and
request that. As a time-saving efficiency measure, your computer stores
a list of name/address equivalencies so it doesn't have to keep looking
them up. Sometimes this list can become corrupted or errors can creep
in. By clearing the list, you force the browser to look them up fresh.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System>

OK - I think I know now what a "DNS" is....
This shows how little I know - How do I "open a Command Prompt" ?
Where - how ?  You have to tell me what that means.
In SeaMonkey's Location Bar ?
Back in the old DOS ?

Sorry for my ignorance !

DoctorBill