Bill Davidsen wrote:

Lee wrote:
Got a question for someone, at my advanced stage of decay I am finding
it a problem to read Sea Monkey.  The print is so small in the area
for listing of names etch and across the top where you can read the
incoming mail (not the body of text)is so small.  I know I can hit Ctrl
and + and enlarge the body print.  But the rest if I enlarge it more
than 12 it blocks out some parts of Sea Monkey.  Such as sign in.  Is
there any little trick other than getting a 50 inch monitor to be able
to read this stuff.  I did do the pref thing and did make the minimum
18 but as I said it blocked the name/password so I could not use it and
am now back to 12.  Especially where it says Subject from date above the
body of the msg!  Thanks!

One thing you can do is reduce the pixels on your screen, which may make
your wallpaper less beautiful but will make everything bigger. On Linux
you can usually do that on a temporary basis, Windows generally wants to
bend you to its will and learn to cope with the default behavior.

Depends on the assumptions.

If you assume the image is simply enlarged by using bigger pixels, then yes, you're right.

But if you enlarge the image and keep the same high resolution, you get a sharper image (fewer jaggies), and that's better. That's why bumping the zoom improves the body text and web pages.

As for the menus, you can enlarge those using the Windows display settings, PROVIDED that the developers have been smart enough to allow their various boxes to expand to fit the contents. In cases where a piece of text is allocated x by y pixels no matter what, you can easily increase the font size to a point where it becomes unreadable -- as in the case of your password dialog.

Paul B. Gallagher