David E. Ross wrote:
> On 5/20/13 10:23 AM, BIll Spikowski wrote:
>> In the browser appearance preferences, how do I get rid of the
>> mandatory font size for proportional and monospace fonts?
>>
>> I can set them from 8 to 72 points, but even after setting the
>> "minimum font size" box to "none," I can't get the browser to let
>> individual sites set the font size -- whatever font size I enter gets
>> applied to every site.
>>

> Many Web pages do not specify a font size.  Without a default in your
> prferences, what should they use?

I have no problem with the browser setting a default for sites that
don't specify a font size, but right now I have no ability to use the
website-specified font size (or font style).

Each site I visit uses the font and font size I set in preferences,
and I have to CTRL + or - to make the site viewable.

This can't be right, so I assume I must be doing something wrong; and
perhaps fixing that will solve other problems I have with the SM
browser on certain websites.

Has anyone else had the problem of setting the "minimum font size" box
to "none," but still having the default font size controlling all
websites? I'm running Windows XP SP3 and the very latest SM version.

This isn't anything new, I'm just finally getting around to tracking
down the problem. I'll admit to fussing with the font size settings
dozens of times through the years; when I get everything just right
for reading emails, then I find that the browser display is messed up.
After I while I find some happy medium that works for both emails and
the browser, then I quit messing with the settings for a while.